Laster
Vennligst vent
Hovedkartet Hovedkartet
Illustrert reiseguide:
Reisemål (0 / 0)
Panoramabilder (0 / 0)
Bilder, fotogallerier (0 / 0)

  1.  
 
Registrering Registrering

Opprette en Panadea-konto! Bare en gyldig e-postadresse er nødvendig. Bli med oss ​​og lag din egen side på 29 språk gratis!

Flere fordeler

  • Annonsering kan også være helt gratis. Du kan annonsere helt gratis, eller til en svært rimelig pris.
  • Du kan lage/redigere/slette dine sider, når som helst, fra begynnelse til slutt.
  • Your page can be displayed immediately after the creation.
  • Free to try every functionality.
  • Godt SEO optimalisert, søkemotor vennlige sider.
  • Sikkerhet og pålitelighet garantert.
  • We are not hiding our prices and terms. Every related information can be found on the website itself.
Mer informasjon
E-postadresse:
Bekreftelseskode:
 

Et annet ord

Registrering: Coming soon

Reiseguide - En tilfeldig utvalg av innholdet Reiseguide - En tilfeldig utvalg av innholdet
St. Anthony church of the Minorites - Eger, Ungarn
Start bildevisning
Start bildevisning
Panadea logo Turist- og reiseinformasjon
Språk:
Innstillinger Kart Del Søk
Valuta: 
Hva ser du etter?
Hvor? (Klikk på kartet!)
Dato:
-
Maksimumspris:
/person
 
Søk på nettstedet:
 
Åpnes i et nytt nettleservindu
 
Mobilversjon Mobilversjon
 
(Optimalisert for enheter med liten skjerm)

Pilgrimage Church - Máriagyűd, Ungarn

Når du klikker:

Klikk på bildene!

Klikk på bildene!

Vise alle bilder (+11 bilder)

Egenskaper

Plassering:

GPS-Koordinaten: For tiden ikke tilgjengelig

Informasjon, korte historier, interessante fakta

The brick-red and white colored baroque church of the Shrine in Máriagyűd - Máriagyűd, Ungarn The brick-red and white colored baroque church of the Shrine in Máriagyűd

In 2008 it received basilica title from Pope Benedict XVI.

Including the springs near the hill, the surroundings of Máriagyűd was already used by the ancient Romans, it was a resting place on the road between Sopianae and Mursa (so between the present-day Pécs, Hungary and Eszék or Osijek, Croatia). Later Christian Slavs (probably Slovenes) erected an altar here for Virgin Mary, this was then found by Benedictine monks in 1006, who were settled here by (Saint) Stephen I, the first king of Hungary. The monks built a chapel over the altar sculpture, which was replaced by a church in 1148 by the order of King Géza II of Hungary. Over the years it was rebuilt a couple of times, the current huge twin-towered baroque pilgrimage church with the cross groundplan was completed in 1742. However, the statue in the altar is not the original Marian statue, but a 300-year-old another sculpture.

Statue of Virgin Mary on the neo-baroque main altar - Máriagyűd, Ungarn Statue of Virgin Mary on the neo-baroque main altar

It was created in 1862, made of Siklós "marble" (which is in reality a kind of limestone).

The statue on the high altar in the sanctuary of the Pilgrimage Church of Máriagyűd was created in 1713, as well as the silver alloy "mantles" of it in 1784. The statue of Virgin Mary with the Child Jesus in her arms was a donation of the diocesan bishop of Pécs. During the Rákóczi's War of Independence the original Marian statue was carried to Eszék town (the today's Osijek, Croatia). The war was closed by Treaty of Szatmár (present-day Satu Mare, Romania) in 1711. The people of Máriagyűd asked the statue back, but Eszék didn't give it back to them, moreover even the Pope decided unfavorably for them. The old Virgin Mary statue is still there in Eszék (Osijek) town in Croatia.

Interior of the Pilgrimage Church - Máriagyűd, Ungarn Interior of the Pilgrimage Church

The church is a Roman Catholic pilgrimage site since 1805, when the Pope officially recognized it. The so-called Marian apparition (alleged supernatural appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary) of 1687 played a significant role in it.

After the Ottoman rule the church was first owned by the Greek Orthodox Church, and later by the Calvinist Church. But in 1687 Virgin Mary appeared in a blaze of Heavenly light for a local Roman Catholic farmer, in the window of the church that was then owned by the Calvinists. However, it should be mentioned that the other farmer who was also there and who was Calvinist, quite interestingly did not see anything from the apparition. But the count of Siklós was praying until it turned out that after all the Calvinist farmer somehow saw the apparition. So as usual in most of the religions, there were plenty of conflicts between the different denominations, moreover the waves of the Counter-Reformation were still simmering in Hungary. The long and short of it was that by the intercession of higher lords (so actually by force) the Catholics regained the church from the Calvinists. Later, in around 1757 also an ecclesiastical investigation proved (however by an unspecified way) that the church and its surroundings are a wonderworking, miraculous shrine or sacred place. Since then it is a place of pilgrimage, and many believers come here from all over the world hoping for the physical and spiritual recovery.

In 2008 the church of Máriagyűd received Basilica Minor title from Pope Benedict XVI.

Hovedsiden av Máriagyűd
URL til denne siden URL til denne siden
Recommend this page Recommend this page

Del med vennene dine!

Flere alternativer:
   osv.
Bildealbum Bildealbum
Szolnok, Ungarn
Mange flere bilder:
 

Vår reiseguide inneholder:

Et stort antall bilder og panoramabilder, med massevis av informasjon og interessante fakta.

  • 214 reisemål
  • 165 panorama bilder
  • 30 494 andre bilder

Stor samling av utvalgte bilder: utmerket kvalitet, høy oppløsning og naturlige farger

Meldingens emne:

Feil:
Korrekte:
 

Melding:

Din kontaktinformasjon (Valgfritt):

E-post:
Telefonnummer:
+
-
-
Land:
Etternavn:
Fornavn:
Husk meg
Bekreftelseskode:
 

Et annet ord
Vennligst vent...
Denne siden på andre språk:

Om oss  -  Generelle forbehold  -  Gå til mobilversjonen av nettsiden Se den vanlige versjonen av nettstedet

Alle rettigheter reservert  -  ©2010-2016 Neuronit Kft. (ASA), Budapest, Ungarn