Carregando
Espere por favor
Mapa principal Mapa principal
Guia de viagens ilustrado:
Destinos de viagem (0 / 0)
Imagens panorâmicas (0 / 0)
Fotografias, galerias de imagens (0 / 0)

  1.  
 
Inscrição Inscrição

Criar uma Conta Panadea! Apenas um endereço de e-mail válido é necessário. Junte-se a nós e criar sua própria página em 29 idiomas gratuitamente!

Mais vantagens

  • Você pode anunciar completamente grátis ou a um preço muito razoável.
  • Você pode criar/editar/remover as suas páginas, a qualquer hora, do começo ao fim.
  • Sua página pode aparecer imediatamente após a criação.
  • Free to try every functionality.
  • Páginas bem otimizadas ("motor de busca amigável").
  • Seguro e protegido, confiabilidade garantida.
  • We are not hiding our prices and terms. Every related information can be found on the website itself.
Saiba mais
Endereco de e-mail:
Código de verificação:
 

Outra palavra

Inscreva-se: Coming soon

Guia de viagens - Uma seleção aleatória de conteúdo Guia de viagens - Uma seleção aleatória de conteúdo
Lake Öreg - Tata, Hungria
Iniciar a apresentação
Iniciar a apresentação
Panadea logo Informações turísticas
Idioma:
Configurações Mapa Partilhar Pesquisa
Moeda: 
O que está procurando?
Onde? (Clique no mapa!)
Data:
-
Preço máximo:
/pessoa
 
Pesquisar no site:
 
Abrir em uma nova janela do navegador
 
Versão móvel Versão móvel
 
(Otimizado para dispositivos de tela pequena)

Pilgrimage Church - Máriagyűd, Hungria

Quando você clica em:

Clique nas imagens!

Clique nas imagens!

Mostrar todas as fotos (+11 fotos)

Características, propriedades

Localização:

Coordenadas GPS: Atualmente não disponível

Informações, histórias curtas, fatos interessantes

The brick-red and white colored baroque church of the Shrine in Máriagyűd - Máriagyűd, Hungria The brick-red and white colored baroque church of the Shrine in Máriagyűd

In 2008 it received basilica title from Pope Benedict XVI.

Including the springs near the hill, the surroundings of Máriagyűd was already used by the ancient Romans, it was a resting place on the road between Sopianae and Mursa (so between the present-day Pécs, Hungary and Eszék or Osijek, Croatia). Later Christian Slavs (probably Slovenes) erected an altar here for Virgin Mary, this was then found by Benedictine monks in 1006, who were settled here by (Saint) Stephen I, the first king of Hungary. The monks built a chapel over the altar sculpture, which was replaced by a church in 1148 by the order of King Géza II of Hungary. Over the years it was rebuilt a couple of times, the current huge twin-towered baroque pilgrimage church with the cross groundplan was completed in 1742. However, the statue in the altar is not the original Marian statue, but a 300-year-old another sculpture.

Statue of Virgin Mary on the neo-baroque main altar - Máriagyűd, Hungria Statue of Virgin Mary on the neo-baroque main altar

It was created in 1862, made of Siklós "marble" (which is in reality a kind of limestone).

The statue on the high altar in the sanctuary of the Pilgrimage Church of Máriagyűd was created in 1713, as well as the silver alloy "mantles" of it in 1784. The statue of Virgin Mary with the Child Jesus in her arms was a donation of the diocesan bishop of Pécs. During the Rákóczi's War of Independence the original Marian statue was carried to Eszék town (the today's Osijek, Croatia). The war was closed by Treaty of Szatmár (present-day Satu Mare, Romania) in 1711. The people of Máriagyűd asked the statue back, but Eszék didn't give it back to them, moreover even the Pope decided unfavorably for them. The old Virgin Mary statue is still there in Eszék (Osijek) town in Croatia.

Interior of the Pilgrimage Church - Máriagyűd, Hungria Interior of the Pilgrimage Church

The church is a Roman Catholic pilgrimage site since 1805, when the Pope officially recognized it. The so-called Marian apparition (alleged supernatural appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary) of 1687 played a significant role in it.

After the Ottoman rule the church was first owned by the Greek Orthodox Church, and later by the Calvinist Church. But in 1687 Virgin Mary appeared in a blaze of Heavenly light for a local Roman Catholic farmer, in the window of the church that was then owned by the Calvinists. However, it should be mentioned that the other farmer who was also there and who was Calvinist, quite interestingly did not see anything from the apparition. But the count of Siklós was praying until it turned out that after all the Calvinist farmer somehow saw the apparition. So as usual in most of the religions, there were plenty of conflicts between the different denominations, moreover the waves of the Counter-Reformation were still simmering in Hungary. The long and short of it was that by the intercession of higher lords (so actually by force) the Catholics regained the church from the Calvinists. Later, in around 1757 also an ecclesiastical investigation proved (however by an unspecified way) that the church and its surroundings are a wonderworking, miraculous shrine or sacred place. Since then it is a place of pilgrimage, and many believers come here from all over the world hoping for the physical and spiritual recovery.

In 2008 the church of Máriagyűd received Basilica Minor title from Pope Benedict XVI.

Página principal do Máriagyűd
Endereço desta página Endereço desta página
Recommend this page Recommend this page

Compartilhe com seus amigos!

Mais opções:
   etc.
Albúm fotográfico Albúm fotográfico
Szombathely, HungriaBudapeste, HungriaSzada, HungriaTatabánya, Hungria
Muito mais fotos:
 

O nosso guia de viagem contém:

Inúmeras fotos e imagens panorâmicas, com muitas informações e fatos interessantes.

  • 214 destinos de viagem
  • 165 imagens panorâmicas
  • 30 494 outras fotos

Grande coleção de fotos selecionados: excelente qualidade, alta resolução e cores naturais

Assunto da mensagem:

Errado:
Correto:
 

Mensagem:

Os seus dados de contacto (Opcional):

E-mail:
Número de telefone:
+
-
-
País:
Sobrenome:
Prenome:
Lembre-se de mim
Código de verificação:
 

Outra palavra
Espere por favor...
Esta página em outras línguas:

Sobre nós  -  Advertência jurídica  -  Vá para a versão móvel do website Ver a versão normal do site

Todos os direitos reservados  -  ©2010-2016 Neuronit Kft. (Lda./Ltda.), Budapeste, Hungria